Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bare Bones


 Just because I gave up on my creative pursuits a long time ago doesn't mean that I don't enjoy, encourage and promote others in their artistic adventures. In fact, I think that it's crucial that we support our local art scene. That's why I was thrilled when I learned some time ago that Bare Bones would be moving within walking distance of my home. Seeing as how the majority of my readers are located outside of Connecticut this might not seem as relevant to them. But, if you're ever in the area, I urge you to come on down and visit them. Now, you're probably asking, “What is Bare Bones?” Bare Bones is an art gallery located on 156 School St., Bristol CT. It is operated by three entrepreneurial young women. The name is derived from part of the philosophy of the organization. The location is operated on a very tight budget. But, please don't let that premise of frugality connote cheap or dingy. On the contrary, the modest storefront actually adds to the inviting, open and comfortable atmosphere. This is not your average stuffy and pretentious art gallery. I don't have to dress up or be intimidated by a snobbish atmosphere. It's a place to relax, enjoy the local art scene and to strengthen and grow the community.

Bare Bones is currently undergoing a membership campaign. This is why I decided to devote this blog to promoting them. If you are an artist looking to display your art, a musician searching for a venue, a photographer or just someone that enjoys fine art, I have posted links below to contact them. They offer a variety of different membership levels and different programs. To show their diversity, they have even been hosting a board game and Magic tournament, lately. I've attended their open mics and some of their music events and I've been very pleasantly surprised at the level of local talent. So, please support our local artists, writers and musicians. Every major creative talent started somewhere. Who knows. That inexpensive painting that you purchased might be very valuable financially as well as artistically, someday.






No comments:

Post a Comment